Master of Business Administration (MBA)
About the University
One of the top-100 public universities in the United States, Western Michigan University (WMU) is committed to being learner centered, discovery driven and globally engaged. The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Learning designates WMU as one of the nation’s 76 public “research universities with high research activity.”
Founded in 1903, what was once Western Michigan College became Michigan's fourth public university in 1957. Since then, WMU has undergone dramatic growth in size and stature.
Today, the University offers more than 240 academic programs to students pursuing degrees through the doctoral level.
About Haworth College of Business
The Haworth College of Business, one of the largest schools of business in the United States, is the academic home to nearly 4, 000 undergraduate students majoring in 15 specialized areas of business. An additional 500 graduate students study business administration (MBA) and accountancy (MSA).
The Haworth College of Business is among an elite group of fewer than five percent of business schools worldwide that are accredited at both the undergraduate and graduate levels by the American Association of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). It is among a select two percent of business schools worldwide that have additional specialized accreditation for their accountancy programs.
About the Program
WMU's MBA program is a part-time program designed to broaden the functional business knowledge and strengthen the leadership skills of working professionals as well as international students seeking to study business.
Duration of course: 12 courses (36 credit hours) over a 12 month period. Students with no prior business courses may need to complete up to 4 additional courses (12 credit hours).
Mode of Delivery: The MBA degree is offered in a face-to-face format. The prerequisites (if needed) are offered online. There is one elective that may be offered as a “readings” course, which would not require any face-to-face meetings.
Classes meet Mon, Fri, Sat & Sun.
Sat & Sun classes meet 9am – 6pm with 1 hour lunch break
Mon & Fri classes meet 7pm – 10pm.
1. BUS 6150-Global Business
2. MGMT 6140-Business Process Management
3. BUS 6160-Law, Ethics, and Corporate Social Responsibility
4. BUS 6180-Information Technology Management
5. ACTY 6110-Managerial Accounting
6. MKTG 6130-Customer Driven Marketing Management
7. MKTG 6980-Readings in Marketing
8. FIN 6120-Financial Management
9. MKTG 6760-Multinational Marketing
10. MGMT 6170-Leading People and Organizations
11. BUS 6990-Strategic Management
12. BUS 6960-International Business Seminar, China
- GMAT Score: minimum 450; or
- GRE (converted to GMAT score); or
- Professional graduate degree from an accredited U.S. program; or
- A minimum of seven years of extensive executive management experience.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale for last 2 years of study
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Some professional work experience.
- TOEFL required if English is not your native language.
- A statement of purpose.
- Official transcripts.